You are focused on results. You know today’s students deserve technology-empowered learning. We found that a principal’s ability to lead change is a major factor for effective implementation of technology, according to our national research study. Project RED is poised to provide support and skill development to principals. We know principals can provide a balanced approach to equip and empower teachers with technology to raise student achievement. And we know you put students first.
Project RED conducted the first and only national research study to focus on academic results and the financial benefits of educational technology. Our research of 1,000 schools revealed key findings for the effective integration of technology in schools-- findings that show a replicable design for reducing costs and increasing student achievement. Let us show you how it can be done.
Leadership is critical for success
A key finding of our research relates directly to leadership. In order to see student achievement increase and to realize cost benefits from technology, all district leaders must be engaged in and committed to technology. Therefore principals must make professional learning and the effective use of technology high priorities—for not just teachers, but administrators as well.
The principal is the visionary for his/her school community and all stakeholders. It is not the ‘strength’ of the principal per-se that makes a difference in student achievement and other outcomes (McREL 2005) but the focused efforts on success factors known to lead to desired results (Project RED 200910). It requires a seismic shift to ensure real transformations to student-centered, personalized, one-to-one approaches in education technology.
Practical, research-based method
Are you ready to help your teachers get started? Project RED can introduce you and your building leaders to a practical, research-based method to effectively integrate technology into the classroom. Project RED will provide visionary principals and their teams with the tools for success and knowledge to ensure that technology integration raises student achievement, while having a positive fiscal impact on tight budgets.
Join the Project RED Community
The Project RED Community is a professional learning community where like-minded, forward thinking leaders get access to mentors, regional institutes, webinars, and more. Through the community, you can receive step-by-step planning tools to implement technology in a way that will transform student learning.
The Project RED Community supports principals with:
- A peer support group to seek advice and share best practices with other principals.
- Webinars to get phase-by-phase information on successful technology implementations.
- A Readiness tTool to gauge your school’s readinessfooting for an implementation.
- An ROI Calculator to help determine potential savings.
- Comprehensive project-plan templates for 1:1 implementation.
- A model of issues to address for professional development/professional learning for your school.
- Video examples of effective classroom practice.
- Links to exemplary sites.
- Resources, lessons, and protocols for classroom management.
- Online tools for assessing budget, resources, cost avoidance and resource reallocation.
- A wiki with digital tools and content.
- Device selection factors to help identify the right equipment for your needs.
- Information relating to the Common Core Assessments of 2014.
Do you have a vision for your school and a committed staff? Let the Project RED Community help you succeed. Join today to begin the transformation.